|Some may define a successful music artist as someone with mutli-platinum record sales and multiple top 10 hits and world wide recognition. All that stuff may be good; however when you talk to the guys in The Lighthouse Boys, success is a whole different concept. Success to The Lighthouse Boys means knowing that they are in God’s will, using the gifts that He has given to them for his purpose. For some artists, good family entertainment is their purpose, but for The Lighthouse Boys it has always been about ministry.|
This kind of success has been clear since Mark Underwood & Steve Johnson first started back in 1974. For over 40 years’ fans, concert goers and church congregations from all over have enjoyed the ministry and music of The Lighthouse Boys. With several of their own albums and guest appearances on other artist recordings and various compilations, The Lighthouse Boys have help carry the Gospel in Word and Song..
They have been seen and read about in several major Southern Gospel and secular media publications as well as making several local TV appearances and interviews on local Radio stations throughout the United States. They have appeared on stage at some of Southern Gospel’s more popular events. They have been nominated for several awards and they are winners of the 1980 “Californians Choice Award” for Best Band. Although members have changed over the years, still The Lighthouse Boys have always strived to maintain their unique sound. They are well known for bringing their own musical style to great Southern Gospel Classics, as well as writing and producing their own songs.
their success is found in their ministry seeing the alters filled, souls saved, people delivered and healed. They still continue to minister with a strong commitment to a call that was given to them by God 40 years ago. Performing at Churches of all different denominations, their desire is to see the Church ready for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Lighthouse Boys pray that when you attend a service or concert,
your life will be changed and you will feel the presence of God in song and the word.
- The Lighthouse Boys have been together for 43 years
- They have released 6 albums and 3 Compilations of their own
- They have guest appeared on other artist recordings and contributed to a number of various artist releases.
- They have released singles to radio, there most recent "From Heaven's Point of View"
- 1980 Californians Choice Award "Best Band"
- 2014 Honored by the International Pentecostal Holiness Golden West Conference for 40 years of ministry
- 2016 "Gospel Award" from The Bakersfield Country Music Awards
and have been nominated for many other awards
- They have made several regional TV program & TV News Broadcast appearances, Radio Station Interviews in the US.
- They have appeared in magazine publications (Singing News, Gospel Voice, Gospel Music Roundup and others)
- They have appeared on Webzines or Web News Sites (SGN Scoops, Absolutely Gospel Music, CCAuthory.com, Mackie.com and others)
- Information Sites (Wikipedia.org and others)
TOURS & CONCERTS
- They have launched several tours in the West, North West and Southern States of the US
- They have made appearances at The Great Western Quartet Convention/ Fan Fest (Fresno, CA, Sacramento, CA and Visalia, CA),
- Suwannee River Jubilee (Live Oak, Florida),
- Western States Quartet Convention (Upland, CA)
- Western Desert Gospel Sing (Victorville, CA)
- Several WSGMA memorial and labor day events between 1994-2003 and 2014-Present
- IAMM (International Association of Music Ministers) events in 2002
- ACTS Events 1991-1992
- Several appearances at Fairs up and down California